Line Concierge Privacy Notice
Effective: September 13, 2019
SaF Line Concierge Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains how SaF, Inc. (“SaF,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) handles your personal information in connection with your activities as a Line Concierge when you access our website and use the Line Concierge mobile application (collectively, the “SaF Services”) to accept opportunities to provide services as an independent contractor through the SaF platform.
By using the SaF Services you consent to the use and sharing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with these practices, please do not use the SaF Services, create an account to provide Line Concierge services, or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
1. Information We Collect
We collect several types of information you access and use the SaF Services:
· When you sign up to become a Concierge, authorize a background or driving history check, register as a Concierge, participate as a Concierge, participate in direct deposit, or contact us with inquiries. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, preferred region and city, address, social security number, driver's license number, insurance information, bank and bank account information, including routing and account numbers, and other information that may identify you.
· When you use the SaF Services, we may collect location data and other information about the line concierge services you provide, such as duration, the time the services are completed, payment amounts, tip amounts, consumer ratings and other feedback. If you choose to disable the location feature through the settings on your device, we will not receive precise location information from your device, which will prevent you from being able to receive line concierge opportunities and provide line concierge services through the SaF platform.
· When you use the SaF Services, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used.
o Cookies — We and our vendors may use various technologies to collect information, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, scripts, and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access the SaF Services through a browser. We and vendors may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), pixels, scripts, and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us do things such as understand how you use the SaF Services, personalize your experience, and understand your usage of the SaF Services. By using your browser and device settings, you may be able to block cookies or adjust settings for notifications when a cookie is set.
o Log Information — When you use the SaF Services, our servers will record information about your usage of the SaF Services and information that is sent by your browser or device. Log information can include things like the IP address of your device, information about the browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on the SaF Services, and other ways you interact with the SaF Services. If you are logged into the SaF Services, this information may be stored with your account information.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect or receive about you to:
Process your information when you sign up to become a Concierge, including background and driving history checks;
Create your Concierge account and determine whether you may access the SaF platform;
Set up your direct deposit, calculate payments owed, and issue payments to you;
Allow you to connect to line concierge opportunities;
Verify whether you are present in the city or region in which you intend to provide services;
Assess supply, demand, and other factors associated with aggregate business progress;
Assess activity and acceptance rates, consumer ratings, and other factors associated with line concierges;
Respond to your questions and assist with any problems with the SaF Services;
Personalize the content and features
Improve the content and functionality of the SaF Services;
Manage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of the SaF Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, or to comply with the law;
We may also use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
3. What We Share
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
· With consumers that request line concierge services as necessary for you to perform such services. For example, when you accept and opportunity through the SaF platform, we will disclose your mobile telephone number to the consumer.
· With our service providers (such as third-party distributors and resellers, vendors, suppliers, and other service providers), who may use the information to process payments, develop and improve the SaF Services, contact you in connection with the performance, operation, and support of the SaF Services, performing analytics, marketing or consulting services, respond to your requests or as otherwise appropriate in connection with a legitimate business need.
· We also share information under the following principles:
o With your consent or at your direction — We will share your information when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction.
o For external processing or service provision — We sometimes share information with third parties to process information on our behalf or to otherwise provide certain services (such as payment services).
o For legal purposes — We may share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or SaF.
o On a non-personal or aggregate basis — We may share information that has been anonymized with others for their own uses, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
o For business purposes — We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among SaF, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
4. Third Party Sites
5. For Residents of California
If you are a California resident, California law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California residents regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. In the alternative, such businesses may adopt a policy of not disclosing personal information to third parties for marketing purposes if a California resident has opted-out of such information-sharing. We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent. If you wish to opt-out of our sharing your personal information for marketing purposes after you have consented, please contact us at the email address specified at the bottom of this policy.
We employ administrative, physical, and technical measures designed to safeguard and protect information under our control from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
7. Do-Not-Track Disclosure
Some web browsers have “do-not-track” features that tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our website does not currently recognize or respond to automated browser signals, which may include “do-not-track” instructions.
8. International Data Transfers
If you are located or reside outside the United States, please note that we and our servers are located in the United States. Any information that you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the United States or other countries around the world where our vendors and suppliers are located. This transfer may include recipients of information located in countries where there may be a lower level of legal protection for your personal information than in your country. By using the website, you consent to your information being collected, processed, used, and transferred as disclosed herein.
9. Changes to this Policy
This policy may change from time to time and any revised version will be posted on our website. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this policy and, if we make any material changes, we will use commercially reasonable efforts provide you with additional notice (such as a notice in our user interface or sending you a notification by email).
10. How to Contact Us
Questions or comments about this Line Concierge Privacy Notice? Contact us at email@example.com